It is a card that shows a student’s performance, according to his academics in most places. It has grading scales to mark the performance of the student throughout his year in a school or college. The necessary school report card contains a section for teachers to add remarks for the students as well as insert grades individually for each subject. A report card template is used to describe the evaluation and systematic listing of any information. Every school or department may have different report cars.
Report card template
Creating a report card
An easy way of creating a report card is by using Microsoft excel. To do that you need to follow the instructions below
- Open Microsoft excel
- Add a heading on the top of spreading. Enter the school name, instructor name, course name, etc. in separate lines. Skip the next line and then add a student’s name
- Again skip the line and add the date on a report card. To add formatting to the cells, right-click on them, and press format cells. You can also choose the date style and then press ok.
School Report card Format
- Set up the list of work and assignments and categorize them, such as essays, quizzes, tests, etc. keep using headings for each column and enter category headings.
- Set up different columns for grades such as column B above, where the previous column A was added for assignments. Add a section for grades obtained or marks obtained and center the headings.
- Now enter the grades and numbers a student obtained in the column for each student.
Printable Report card template
- Create another section for total marks obtained along with percentage count and add it in the report card. Add average calculated out of total marks.
- Create the cells for percentage by right-clicking on the cell and changing the format to percentage.
- Rename worksheets for each student by right-clicking on the worksheet tab at the bottom. Select rename and add the students’ names and repeat the process again and again.
- Save the spreadsheet and print it down.
Elementary Report card template Word
Basic report card format
A basic report card consists of the main four sections which are
- The header which is the top portion including title etc
- Details and description section which is used to add all the features of a report being made
- Summary and notes, in which a general summary of the report is added along with remarks
- Footer that consists of total marks and final scores along with percentage.
High School Report card template Free
Template providers for report cards
Canva has a wide variety of templates that have all the different formats in each template with different textures. If a user wants to get the existing template, he can use online free templates from these websites, such as canva. Template net, which can help him in making his report card. If he wants to design his report card, then he can use manuals to create a report card following a template, or either he can pick existing templates over the internet. Usually, people pick already built templates from the net and redesign them with textures and heading to make it suitable for them.
Report cards are used to add all the data related to a student within a school or organization. It shows the performance of that student. It is explicitly designed for grading and keeping permanent records of the output given by a student. Thus report cards can be designed according to the demand, or you can simply follow the basic structure of a report card to which you feel more comfortable. These report card template provide an easy and fast way to develop a report card for any student.