An outline template is a tool to organize your written ideas about a thesis or topic into a logical order. It arranges important topics, sub-topics, and supporting details. Writers used These templates to know which topic to cover in what order. Also, It provides a map of the essay.
Alphanumeric outline template is the most common type of template. It use numbers and letters in the following order:
- Roman Numerals
- I, II, III,…, X, etc.
- Show main ideas to be covered in the paper in the sequence they will be presented
- Uppercase letters
- A, B, C, D, E, etc.
- Represent sub-topics withing each main idea
Training Outline Template Word
- Arabic Numbers
- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc.
- Represent details or sub-divisions withing sub-topics
- Lowercase alphabets
- a, b, c, d, e, etc
- Represent details within sub-divisions
Outline Template for Essay
Decimal Outline Template
This template has the same format as the Alphanumeric template. In decimal outlne template clearly shows how every topic of the outline relates to the larger whole. The size of the decimal outline is as under:
- Choose desired college
- Visit and evaluate college campuses
- Visit and evaluate college website
- Look for interesting classes
- Note important statistics
Outline Format Example
Reverse Outline Template
It is usually used after an essay has been written. The backward template helps you to distill the main ideas into a bright and short statement. A backward template can also be used to revise your wor. It follows a repeated two-steps process:
Research Paper Outline Template
- In an opposite outline temple, on the left side, write down the topic of each paragraph. Try to use minimum words.
- The reverse template, when reading, these notes should work as quick references for future study or in-class discussion.
- This template, when revising your work, these notes should tell you if each paragraph is cleared and focused.
- This template, on the right side, write down how the paragraph topic advances the overall argument of the text in minimum words.
- The template, when reading, these notes allow you to follow the logic of the essay and make it easier for you to discuss or analyze it later.
- A reverse template, when revising your work, these notes should tell you if each section fits in the organization of your paper or not. You may also notice that parts should be shifted after completing this step.
In a reverse template, be brief when re-reading your work. If you cant complete each step in 6-12 words, the paragraph may need to be altered. You should be able to summarize the manner of support and the topic quickly; if you can’t do that, then revised the paragraph until you can.
An outline template enables a writer to categorize the main points and to organize the paragraphs into an order that makes sense. It makes sure that each idea can be fully developed. Creating an outline is the last step that a writer can perform in the pre-writing stage. A template provides a map of an essay. A well-created outline will show the thesis of the article is and what the main idea of each body paragraph is, and the support that will be offered in each section to substantiate main points.
That’s all about Outline Example and template and its types. If you still have any confusion about this you can ask in comment box, we will try to respond your queries ASAP!