Reference Letter Template is a formal letter often used in cases of academic applications or job applications. Reference letters are used for someone’s endorsement and essentially lays out the said person’s skills, strengths, conduct and character.
Reference Letter Template
When a staff under one’s employment resigns and decides to move out to another organization of any other state or place or when a student decides to go for higher studies in a college or university, the management of the respective organizations concerned may be requested to provide the applicants with a reference letter that may prove useful for their future appointments and endeavors. Since the reference letter is one such letter that is not written by the applicant itself, it carries great significance. The reader of the reference letter can get an instant insight about the applicant. Reference letter templates are available for management officials who wish to make the process of constructing an effective reference letter easy.
Reference Letter For Employee
However the writer should be honest while composing the reference letter, the qualities and strengths described in the letter should be true to his/her knowledge. The writer should be aware of the format required by the applicant and choose the reference letter template accordingly. The reference letters or recommendation letters are more commonly encountered in the job application sectors as a part of the employment verification process of the hiring procedure. The different types of recommendation or reference letters sought out include recommendation letter of character or academic letter of reference, personal letter of reference and basic letter of reference. The basic structure in every format contains some essential details including:
- The person writing the letter should clearly specify the connection the individual has to the person or the applicant whom he is recommending and should ensure that the specialties and why one thinks that the person is it for the job should also be mentioned.
- Information of contact – The contact information of the sender and the receiver should be included in the letter. The full address and details like phone number and email address is also required so that the receiver knows the individual’s full identity.
Character Reference Letter Word
- Date – The full date on which the letter is being composed should also be include, this ensures the relevancy of the recommendation or reference letter.
- Subject and Salutation – like any other formal letter a proper subject and salutation to greet the receiver should be written. Personal letters can include greetings like ‘Dear’, while general letters should be addressed as ‘To whom it may concern’ and so on. Exclude salutation if seen fit.
- Paragraph 1 – The introductory paragraph should contain all the basic details about the writer, his/her qualifications to write the letter and refer someone, the connection between the writer and the applicant, the time period the two of them have known each other, the qualities and strengths of the applicant and so on.
- Paragraph 2 –Consists of detailed description often with anecdotes as to how efficient the applicant id in his job/field and what qualities and values he/she adds up.
- Summary and Conclusion – The last paragraphs of the letter should conclude why the writer is referring the applicant to the organization and sums up the whole letter.
- Ending salutation and signature is also essential.