Professional Letter Template A letter is a written form of communication used in all walks of life to converse with people. Letters are of mainly two kinds: Formal letter and Informal letter. Formal letters include professional letters that are written with a much more formal and serious purpose like a business letter, resignation letter and so on while informal letters are written to close family and friends with whom formal writing style is not required. In today’s world where people are bound to character limits, emoji and emoticons writing a formal letter is a difficult task. Professional letters are inevitable in a professional setting where writing letters to an individual’s senior officials are a must or a necessary task that comes while we apply to a job even.
Professional Letter Template
Professional letters come into play whenever an individual wants to work in an organization beginning from the job application letter to the resignation letter. Professional letters are used for profession related matters.Professional letters are where a person is required to be meticulous. Professional letters can be of different varieties:
- Job application letter/Email
- Cover letter
- Recommendation letter
- Reference letter
- Order letter
- Complaint letter
- Resignation letter
- Business letter
And so on, any kind of letters that come across an individual in a business enterprise, organization or job. To be precise and polished while writing a professional letter is a must as impressing the recipient is the key requirement. Even though many variants and types come in the category of professional letters, there are some key features common to all of them:
Sample Professional Letter Word
- Sender’s contact information – Whichever type of letter it is the address and contact details of the sender is a must. It gives the letter authenticity and priority. The contact details can contain the name, address, phone number and email address of the sender.
- Date – The date on which the letter is being sent is to be included in the letter. It makes sure that the letter is given priority and a sense of purpose and time boundness.The full date is preferred including the month and the year.
- Recipient’s contact information –Just like the sender the recipient’s address is of utmost important if not more. The name, designation, address of the recipient is to be included. It is only with this that the letter would reach the rightful recipient. The recipient’s company address and other details pertaining the organization can also be included like email address or phone number.
Professional Letter PDF
- Salutation – A professional letter is always meant to have a formal way of greeting the recipient and so an appropriate salutation id necessary. A formal greeting is always preferred unless the sender has any personal and close relationship with the recipient. A colon is preferred over a coma after the salutation.
- Main body –The body of the letter should contain all the details why the letter is being written and the necessity of the letter. The body should justify the subject of the letter and should emphasize the recipient to see the reason behind the letter.
- Closing salutation – Like the greeting salutation the closing salutation is also to be kept formal and professional unless the sender knows the recipient personally.
- Signature – The signature of the recipient is a must in the professional letters as it provides legitimacy to the sender and letter. Signature is usually followed by the full name of the sender in bold letters.
Whatever the kind of professional letter, a template for the same can be the ultimate help one can get. The template provides all the necessary guidelines to complete the letter uniquely and efficiently.