Time management is a process of planning and exercising conscious control of the time spent on specific activities to work smarter than harder. It is a juggling act of several things that help to increase efficiency and strike a better work-life balance. Managing time is an ability that can be learned, which involves techniques for prioritizing activities and using time more effectively while eliminating time wasters and disruptions. Improving time management at work allows us to enhance performance and accomplish desired goals with minimal effort and more effective strategies. It is a never-ending series of decisions, small and large, that gradually change the shape of our lives, and It can be done by creating a time management worksheet.
Benefits of Time Management
There are uncountable benefits to time management. Some of them are mentioned below;
- Planning: Planning plays a vital role in time management as both go hand-in-hand with each other. We can make the most of our time only when it is thoroughly planned. Planning doesn’t need to follow a strict routine; it means making smarter decisions of knowing the right time to do a task and an activity. The main idea of planning is to work smarter than harder and make time to do other things as well. We can plan our tasks by using time management worksheet.
- Prioritizing: Prioritizing our daily tasks by using a time management worksheet is essential to successful time management. Prioritization of the tasks helps us to realize that not everything we do is vital. It is crucial to concentrate on our priorities to achieve success at work.
- Don’t multitask: Multitasking is the biggest reason for time-wasting. Instead of accomplishing too many things, we end up accomplishing nothing out of them. The best way to avail our time is to take one thing at a time and achieve it before jumping to the next task. Making a time management worksheet and entering the list of the tasks that need to be accomplished in terms of priority increase our productivity. We can achieve our most essential tasks at a given time, and there would be lesser distractions as well.
Using Excel as a Time Management Worksheet
There are several free time management worksheets available on the internet that can be used as time management worksheets. If you want to create your time management worksheet by yourself, you can easily create one by using Microsoft Excel. For creating an Excel time management sheet, it is the easiest way to download a pre-made excel time management worksheet. After downloading the spreadsheet, you need to follow below-stated steps;
- Download the excel scheduling template
- Double-click on the Excel project time management worksheet to open the spreadsheet.
- Click the project time management worksheet field 1C at the top of the spreadsheet and enter your conference name.
- Scroll down and enter the start date
- Enter the first significant task to complete. Add tasks to the activity column by double-clicking on the field that reads milestones.
- Press tab key to navigate start field and type in the date that you will start researching possible conference venues. Press the tab key and enter a date in the end field.
- Repeat the 3rd and 4th step to complete the remainder of the chart.
Good time management worksheet allows us to accomplish more in a minimal time period, which leads to more free time and let us take advantage of learning opportunities and help us to stay focus. Each benefit of proper time management improves another aspect of our life.